We believe the Bible to be the inspired , infallible revelation of God, completely without error .
“Holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.” 2 Peter 1:21. “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.” 2 Timothy 3:16.
The Bible is the final and absolute authority in all matters of faith and practice. We believe that the Holy Bible was authored by God and was written by men but supernaturally inspired by God; that it has truth without any admixture of error; and therefore is, and shall remain to the end of the age, the only complete and final revelation of the will and mind of God to man; the true center of Christian union and supreme standard by which all human conduct, creed and opinions should be tried.
We believe God has preserved His Holy Word for us in English, the King James Bible. In seeking to bring honour to God, Harvest Baptist Church has determined to use only the King James Bible for all our teaching and preaching.
We believe in one God, eternal, self-existent, immutable; one God of one nature, one essence, one substance, yet manifesting Himself to man in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
These three are one, and we ascribe to them the same adoration, worship, confidence, and titles. They are equal as one God. John 1:27-33;
Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; John 14:16; Ephesians 2:18; I Peter 1:22.
We believe in Jesus Christ as the only way, the truth, and the life: “no man cometh unto the Father but by Him.” (John 14:6)
- He was born of the virgin Mary without the agency of a human father. (Luke 1:31-35)
- He was sinless in His life. (Hebrews 4:15)
- He died for our sins according to the Scriptures. (2 Corinthians 15:3 )
- That, for all who believe, the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses from all sin. (1 John 1:7)
- He rose bodily from the grave.
- He ascended to the right hand of the Father, there to make intercession for His own.
- He will personally and visibly return to this earth in power and glory.
The Holy Spirit
We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit, who came to convict the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgement (John 16:7-8); to regenerate, sanctify, and seal forever all who have been “born again” through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 1:13-14)
We believe all men are sinners by nature and by choice. (Ephesians 2:3; Romans 3:23) and have thereby earned both physical and spiritual death. (Genesis 2:17; Romans 6:21, 23)
All who trust, by placing their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour, and who accept His atoning work upon the cross, will be saved forever
(John 3:36); will receive a glorified body after this life (1 John 3:2), and will live with their Saviour forever. (1 Thessalonians 4:17)
All who reject the Lord Jesus Christ as Saviour will be eternally lost, separated forever from the God of glory, will be cast to a very literal place called The Lake of Fire, Hell. (Revelation 20:15 and Luke 16:23)
We believe the Baptist church is to be composed of members who have publicly professed faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour. Who then are baptized in accordance with the command of our Saviour, voluntarily united together for the purpose of worship, fellowship, and the proclamation of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ throughout the world. We read of such churches in Acts 8:36-37; Acts 12:1; Acts 13:11; I Corinthians 16:19; Galatians 1:2; Romans 16:16.
We believe . . .
- The Bible as the sole authority of all matters of faith and practice.
- Autonomy of the Local Church.
- Priesthood of the Believer.
- Two Ordinances that God’s Word commands us to practice: Baptism by immersion after salvation and the Lord’s Supper.
- Individual Soul Liberty.
- Saved Church Member.
- Two Offices that God has placed in the Church: Pastors and Deacons
- Separation of church and state; Ecclesiastical and Personal.